Grammar and style
- Norton Write Site: Multiple-choice exercises reviewing sentence structure, MLA citation and more
- Diana Hacker’s Pocket Style Manual includes self-diagnostic and review exercises related to grammar and documentation (you have to create an account)
Conventions of academic writing
- Purdue OWL (Online Writing Lab) is one of the best general resources for academic writers, and includes a clear guide to MLA documentation
- The University of Victoria Writer’s Guide is divided into sections on “Getting Started,” “Getting it Down,” and other stages of the writing process. There’s also a very readable guide to rhetorical terms
- Rhetological Fallacies: Errors and manipulation of logical thinking, by David McCandless at Information is Beautiful
More to come.